It seems we have all fell in love with the convenience of ordering things on-line and having things delivered to our front door. Unfortunately with the convenience there comes a risk. This time of year we hear more about packages being stolen while they sit at our front door waiting for us to arrive home. To reduce your chances of becoming a victim, consider the following tips:
- Track your packages and shipments. This way you know when your package will be delivered. You often times sign up to receive emails or texts when your package is delivered.
- Leave specific instructions for the delivery when you order the product. You can also do this thought the shippers on-line tracking services. You can also re-direct the shipment to be picked up at the shipping center. Do not leave a note on your door with instructions, this indicates you are not at home.
- If you cannot be home for delivery, ask a neighbor to watch for the package and secure it for you.
- Consider having all of your shipments require a signature for delivery. This way the delivery driver will not leave packages on your door step.
- Have your package delivered to your work or a relative or friend who will be at home.
- Consider picking up the package at the Post Office or shipping center.
- Be aware of suspicious activity in your neighborhood. Look for strange vehicles and individuals. Report this activity to police.